Thursday, July 26, 2012

New Music (Inventive Sound) 7/26/12

Again I've found a wonderfully creative cover of a song that I otherwise hate!

Take a listen to School of Seven Bells covering Lil' Wayne's "How to Love''--
(Immediately passed on to at least 3 friends and downloaded onto my IPod (for free via Soundcloud: http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2012/7/25/listen-school-of-seven-bells-how-to-love-lil-wayne-cover.html

I immediately and hit repeat!) Their album as a whole is lackluster, and what better way to gain press and attention than to do an inventive cover of a song almost everyone knows already? Taken right from my personal playbook:)

They are opening for Siversun Pickups Sept 21st at the Riv if you want to check them out!


Purity Ring's new album is of the same grain and I love it! Will definitely keep me occupied until the new xx's album comes out

Listen to it in it's entirety for free on NPR
http://www.npr.org/2012/07/15/156553168/first-listen-purity-ring-shrines

Ever hear of Twin Shadow? I haven't before I saw a video on SKOA, he's on the Lolla bill this year too. Reminds me of Prince + a little bit of the Miami style sound

http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2012/7/25/watch-twin-shadow-run-my-heart-yours-truly-session.html
What do you think?


Tomorrow Ra Ra Riot is playing a show with Best Friends at Montrose Beach. I definitely want to check that out if I can.

Saturday is the ''Drive Soundtrack'' tour with College, Electric Youth, & Annoraak should be a fun weekend for me and music!


Other notable music news? Two Door Cinema released a new single ''Sleep Alone'' honestly, I'm not in love with it like I was with ''What you Know''  but I'm guessing they just had to decide quickly which single to release but didn't pick the best one they had maybe because it wasn't ''ready'' yet. It happens. I have faith. and I look forward to seeing them at teh Riv in October (9th to be exact) but I'm torn, that's the same day as my beloved Norah Jones! Decisions decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment