Friday, February 10, 2012

A Valentines Day Playlist for myself.

As Valentine's Day approaches as a single person again this year. I'm actually not sad. I'm taking an opportunity to make a playlist for the future.

(If John Cusack were holding a boombox over his head what would I want to hear?).. (literally. John Cusack will be fine, if not Lenny, or Joseph Gordon Leavitt, or the newly reportedly single Johnny Depp... will settle for any hard core music fan obviously!

If I made this last year(feel free to use this for your current list for any of your gentleman that are still hopeless romantics who need ideas for playlists)

it would include Ben Harper,Bruno Mars,Lenny Kravitz,  Andrew Belle, More Ben Harper,Friendly Fires, John Mayer, Ray Lamontagne, Ra Ra Riot, Raphael Saadiq, David Gray, Jack's Mannequin, Joshua Radin, Lykke Li City & Colour,Pearl Jam Foo Fighters

But this year I aspire to look forward both musically and personally.

So here's my list:

(Ed Sheeran, Jack White, anything produced by or including Danger Mouse, I have to keep Lenny Kravitz, his message IS love!, Porcelain Raft, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robin Thicke, Allen Stone, Ryan Adams-''Lucky'', Van Morrison, Gavin Degraw, Bruno Mars, Cee-Lo, Say Hi to Your Mom, Sleigh Bells, The Kooks: ''Rosie'' (any covers of songs that have been in a John Hughes movie) like Nada Surf ''If You Leave''....

and anything from the Voice contestant Chris Cauley who made my heart melt both by his general attractiveness and cover of ''Grenade'' I would love to find his twin! (or a mix of him + Adam Levine)

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/video/chris-cauleys-grenade/1384802

No comments:

Post a Comment