Monday, February 27, 2012

All Things Arctic Monkeys

So let me start off by  before I saw the Arctic Monkey's live at Lollapalooza last year I wasn't really a fan. After the set I thought they were pretty good. (high energy, crowd pleasing basic rock n roll)

When I listened to this song (When the Sun Goes Down-- link below) it stuck with me. lyrics, concept, arrangement everything.. i thought if the white stripes vocals mixed with the Black Keys arrangements and they had a music baby it would be this band.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUatH8zI6Qc

pretty soon I became obssessed with the whole album ''Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not.''. They are actually releasing a new album soon.

You can preview their new track here:

http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2012/2/27/listen-arctic-monkeys-r-u-mine.html

I've only heard it once.. and I half love it half hate it. I don't know why.. (Video is completely pointless warning you now)


and are touring with.... You guessed it. the Black Keys...I LOVE being right! In our fair Chicago March 19th at the United Center.. Of course I"m going!

No comments:

Post a Comment