Thursday, August 25, 2011

RCHP + Nirvana Cover + Death Cab (ALL HALE THE 90'S_

Today's inspiration started with a little Red Hot Chili Peppers-who released the single from their new album which is FANTASTIC!-- I haven't listened to the whole album yet, only the first 5 tracks and this is by far the best one I've heard, the rest while good, doesn't have the edge and are pleasant enough but not groundbreaking. I'll give you an update once I've heard it all.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/red-hot-chili-peppers/682371/the-adventures-of-rain-dance-maggie.jhtml

This turned into an exploration of my teen years (the 90's going back to my teen heart throbs and where are they nows?--then I came upon this Nirvana cover done by actor Joseph Gordon Levitt (Inception/500 Days of Summer)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/25/joseph-gordon-levitt-covers-lithium-nirvana_n_936458.html

I didn't listen to the whole thing yet but if he did it any justice he's cool in my book. (he already is cool in my book since he co starred in a fantastic movie with my muse Zooey Deschanel!

& While we are off topic I want to reccommend a book that should be my mantra! (Stupid & Contagious by Caprice Crane)

it combines all of my favorite things (annoying/persistant/socially intolerant heroine) + tons of music references+my favorite 80's movie quotes in between chapters!-- yes it is techincally catagorized as ''Chick Lit'' which I normally hate, but its very savvy, and smart. and sarcastic. all of my favorite things) + it talks about the importance of choosing the first single to launch a band. If you release the wrong single the band will not be a success! First Impressions are everything guys! and Honestly, it's a gift I possess!, test me if you'd like! I've talked about the importance/prediction of this on several entries here!

and if that's not enough info for you--the author is also the daughter of Ginger from Gilligan's Island + a former intern at MTV:)! wow if I could have a "Big''/''Trading Places'' moment with this chick I would!

Death Cab comes to Chi tonight, I will give you a full report soon, but here is something to hold you over! a studio session performance of my personal favorites Stay Young Go Dancing + Soul Meets Body
http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2011/8/25/watch-death-cab-for-cutie-stay-young-go-dancing-x-soul-meets.html

1 comment: