Tuesday, August 2, 2011

(Pre Lolla) The Vaccines, The Drums & BEST Foo Fighters cover!

the Vaccines (they are playing at Lolla) http://nylonmag.com/nylonblogs/blog/2011/07/13/music-video-the-vaccines/
(just announced they will be playing at Lincoln Hall on 9/21 as well as at Lolla)!--www.lincolnhallchicago.com


Guaranteed this song will be stuck in your head all day once you listen to them!

Ximena Sarinana- Shine Down www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2vhQFMcXgw


I love this song! You can download it for free on Itunes! just search forher name and the song..

I  posted it a few months ago on FB but her new album is not really a reflection of this track, the Label released another first single ''Different'' which is very sugared pop song that you would most likely hear from a teen star like Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez,--while they are of Latina descent I don't think Ximena should be herded into that category:(--she can have a more edgy appeal)

Also, I think I found the best cover of Foo Fighters I've ever seen--this guy could be my soulmate, British, soulful & He's got a picture of Marvin Gaye on his radiator! www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9kZQ1DEJPw

Recently I made a playlist for each stage of Lolla this is the shortened version!
 
Bud Light

Young the Giant-My Body
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals-Hot Summer Night
The Kills-Future Starts Slow
Bright Eyes-Jejune Stars
Coldplay- Viva La Vida
Disappears –Magic
Friendly Fires-Blue Cassette
My Morning Jacket- It Beats 4 You
City & Colour-Weightless, Fragile Bird

 Google

Ryan Leslie-Addicted
Tennis-Marathon
Reptar-Houseboat Babies
Le Bucherttes-Bang!
Cults-Bumper
Tinie Tempah-Till I’m Gone (feat Wiz Khalifa)
Ok Go-Not All is Lost
Ratatat-Mirando
Julia Easterlin-A Mild Response
An Horse-Tracks and Trains
Maps & Atlases- Israeli Caves
The Drums-Money  (if you can’t find that one—use I Felt Stupid
Ellie Goulding-Lights
Iration-Turn Around
Fences-The Same Tattoos
Best Coast-Crazy for You
Manchester Orchestra-Virgin

Ximena Sarinana-Shine Down

Sony
Wye Oak-Doubt
Naked & The Famous-Young Blood
Foster the People-Houdini
Two Door Cinema Club-Cigarettes in the Theater
Crystal Castles- Not in Love (feat. Robert Smith)
Grouplove-Gold Coast
Phantogram-When I’m Small
Explosions in the Sky-Human Qualities
Music Unlimited
The Vaccines-Norgaard
Delta Spirit- Bushwick Blues
Muse-Supermassive Black Hole




No comments:

Post a Comment