Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Most Electic tracks on an album goes to

Iron & Wine

With such hits as ''Flightless Bird'' Featured on the Twilight soundtrack, the spanish guitar inspired ''Boy with a Coin'' mastermind Sam Beam has proved he can write a folk/pop hit and expand his musical range, but to be honest I was starting to get a little bored with the sleepy folk rock. The two tracks mentioned being my favorite and the rest sound the same.

I heard I&W live in Millenium Park a week or two ago and once the setlist started I thought it was a different band, they actually sounded happy. I first thought it was Blues Travelers going under the name Iron & Wine although I couldn't see the stage by the sound of it, they had a multiple piece band including saxophone & trumpet  the vibe was more R&B and Jazzy than their signature acoustic guitar melancholy. The band did what they did best and just PLAYED, like a true jam band, one song effortlessly flowing into each other.  reminded me of simpler times, when you could still smile through the rough times of it all, but not forget that you had some important ideas to express about what is going on in the world around you. ''Kiss Each Other Clean'' the titled of their latest album accomplishes just that.

favorite track: ''Glad Man Singing''www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvIaI5ekrpw



Next album review will be Bon Iver,(hopefully posted later today). you can preview the album in it's entirety before the release date 6/21 here:

No comments:

Post a Comment