Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Albums Released TODAY

So I only had about 15 minutes while getting ready this morning to preview the new albums released today on Itunes


first mention as we live in Chicago goes to Lupe Fiasco-Lasers!, generally I'm not a fan of Hip Hop so I had low expectations, especially after hearing the first single ''Show Goes On'' not impressive.

Featuring  everything from international affairs to party/love songs (my favorites are the collaborations with Trey Songz & John Legend. I will definitely give this album a 2nd listen.


2nd honorable mention goes to the much anticipated album from Ellie Goulding- (she is playing at Lincoln Hall May 31st tickets are $15.00

or her cover of Rihanna's Only Girl in the World see link here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IieOEvzMjng&feature=related

''Lights'' the single is my favorite Hear it here!

:http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2011/1/18/watch-ellie-goulding-lights-video.html


 Very distinctive voice, that you would remember.

Sounds like a softer version of La Roux on MOG she listed her own personal playlist(her taste and mine is definitely similar, definitely have Robert Smith/Crystal Castles, the xx, & Vampire Weekend are permanent staples on my Ipod.

1. Lissie – “Everywhere I Go”
Ellie Goulding Says: “I’m very fond of Lissie. This was the very first song I ever heard from her. It’s still my favourite.”
2. James Blake – “Limit to Your Love”
Ellie Goulding Says: “Saw him at Union Chapel last year. He was fantastic – a bit Burial and a bit Bon Iver. Truly Soulful.”
3. Jay-Z – “D.O.A (Death of Auto-Tune)”
Ellie Goulding Says: “The biggest rap artist in the world. I listen to him when I go out running. It makes me feel pumped up.”
4. Yeasayer – “I Remember”
Ellie Goulding Says: “This song reminds me of coming to the end of my tour. A sad song.”
5. The XX – “VCR”
Ellie Goulding Says: “The coolest band in the world.”
6. Willow Smith – “Whip My Hair”
Ellie Goulding Says: “She’s 10 years old and she’s already legendary.”
7. Vampire Weekend – “Cousins”
Ellie Goulding Says: “Amazing song.”
8. Crystal Castles feat. Robert Smith – “Not In Love”
Ellie Goulding Says: “The chorus blows me away.”
9. The Innocence Mission – “Lakes of Canada”
Ellie Goulding Says: “A really lovely little folk band.”
10. Antony & The Johnsons – “Hope There’s Someone”
Ellie Goulding Says: “I used to play this song when I did acoustic open mic nights. It’s one of the most beautiful songs in the world.”
11. Starsmith – “Give Me A Break”
Ellie Goulding Says: “He helped me produce my album and I think he’s gonna have a good year.” (HEAR IT HERE)
12. Foals – “Spanish Sahara (Deadboy Remix)”
Ellie Goulding Says: “I saw Foals a few times last year – they were amazing. The album is brilliant and rightfully Mercury nominated. I love this Deadboy remix.” (HEAR IT HERE)



Broken Bells released a new single yesterday called ''Windows''
http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2011/3/7/listen-broken-bells-windows.html

It's definitely a different style for Danger Mouse/James Mercer, if this is the direction the new album release date March 29th, I kind of like the new direction, we will see


Also came upon Sara Bareilles new single ''Uncharted''. Although I don't really think the 2nd album is as strong as her breakout ''Little Voices''. This new single is cute, and a few different celebrities make appearances in the video to sing along to the words Pharrell/Sugarland/Adam Levine to name a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment