Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's Electric(onica)-- More links added 11/15/12

I was revisiting an old playlist and counted the number of bands on it that I've seen live (10 total  out of 33 songs) a few repeats and felt incredibly lucky to have catched these ''indie bands'' when they were in my city. Including Friendly Fires & Daughter! see below.. for completely new and different remixes

I used to hate covers and remixes, why mess with a good thing? But as my tastes have changed and songs get entirely played out, I've grown to appreciate the new more creative take. In fact I was resistant to the whole Electronica movement at first dismissing them as ''button pushers'' but I was defniitely wrong and thee songs below prove the best of both worlds.

ENJOY!


(Spotify users)

Friendly Fires – Paris (Aeroplane Remix)
Friendly Fires – Hurting (Tensnake Remix)

Daughter (remix)

http://www.indieshuffle.com/#daughter-youth-alle-farben-remix/

 New Band Flight Facilities http://www.indieshuffle.com/flight-facilities-clair-de-lune-ft-christine-hoberg/

2 comments:

  1. I'm old, so I prefer old-school, electronoica. Try old Moby (before he was in all the commercials and background music for news broadcasts and PBS). Look for "Everything is wrong" "Hymn", "Into the blue" and "God moving over the face of the waters" have sonic complexity that pop songs can't match. If you want to go CRAZY try "Utah Saints" they only have 2 albums - self titled and "two". Sun and Funky Music are fun. For seriously weird try "Rhinoceros". Soulution and Trance Atlantic Glide from the self titled are what started me loving electronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keith I WILL check these out, definitely not things I would've thought of myself and in need of some new material.
    Chad Valley is also a good new electronica band you might want to look into:)

    ReplyDelete